Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Brother Sean


In Tucson, I had the absolute pleasure of sharing an afternoon and evening with my brother Sean, who at 56 is now attending college classes to become a radiology technician. He is kicking butt and taking names in school and we are immensely proud of him.  Sean is a sensitive man---he will cry over a sad story (usually one he is telling), a sad movie, or even a sports event. He can be pushy and loud (sounds like a Kearney) but with a heart of gold. When I was little, I was his shadow. He taught me things, protected me, and gave me a hard time. He was great fun to play with: hide and seek, marco-polo, cops and robbers, and “Barbie under Attack” (I had the Barbie dolls; he had dozens of litte plastic military “action figures”). We would pull practical jokes on each other---like setting buckets of water on top of the bedroom door and then calling the other one into the room. I still laugh when I think of the drenching we would give each other!! Anyway, Sean, if you ever read this blog: I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment