Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Countdown!

Today the Current Argus article came out. Natalie Gross did a fantastic job--a young, talented reporter. I hope she reaches all of her dreams!
Now I am watching the weather patterns a few times a day. It's Tuesday and I can leave by Friday. But, alas. The wind is projected to be quite vigorous, and in my face! It is supposed to shift by Monday. If we're lucky, it will shift Saturday and we will head outta Dodge. And into the sunset--as we will head west.
Daughter Shannon is here and plans to join me during the first week. She will drive and locate our campsite, work on her numerous projects on her MacAir, and we will enjoy the sites and sounds of the desert and wonder at the rugged, gorgeous mountain ranges that explode out of the SW desert with refreshing regularity.
I have a few projects left to complete before take-off. But, things are falling into place with incredible precision. Gotta measure the trike chains and count the links. My mechanic is very exacting and wants me to keep track of this stuff. This is difficult for me. But I will do as he suggests. Then I will call him in a month and say, "Now why did I have to do all that counting?" Tonight I hope to clean and spray the chains with a teflon and silicone spray. Again---following advice. It's the right thing to do. Especially when you don't know what you're doing---best to listen to the experts!
I am so incredibly excited---it is all coming to pass. Last night I pulled out the cycling maps and, while the roads will be a definite challenge, the things I will see will more than make up for sore muscles and joints.
Gotta get some yoga plan in place for nightly recovery from the day's activities.
Life is sweet.
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment