Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Michael's Philosophy of Life


This is dedicated to Mike. Mike is Steve’s son and Linda’s stepson. They are the delightful couple from Ellensburg. Michael was born with a mild disability--perhaps a form of cerebral palsy. He was pretty excited with Henry David and he was able to balance on that trike and wave his arms in the air. He was also so genuine and open and friendly. I liked him immediately.  When I left their home, Steve handed me two folded pieces of paper to view, when I reached destination that evening. 

What a delight. I waited as requested and, when comfortable in my digs for the night, I carefully unfolded the papers. One page was a printed copy of Mike’s photo with a great big grin plastered over his happy face. The other page was Mike’s code of living. I will write it exactly as he wrote it. 

Mikes Rule of Thum....
  1.   Set Hi goles for your self.
  2.   Be proud of your self.
  3.   Try to make every day count.
  4.   Do not put you or-people around you down.
  5.   Every one has things that he or she is good at
  6.   Work comes first--then It is time to play...
  7.   Bleave in the friends you have and your self  If you don’t bleave in your self no one will!
  8.   It is all ways good to try new things and make new friends   it is good to climb out of your shell and start new things.
  9.   “Be kind to every one   Who said being friends can be bad?”
  10. Be helpful when asked.




Now this is a code to live by, don’t you agree?

1 comment: